Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Tokyo





Well after an interesting flight here to Tokyo via Sydney, I arrived with the news that my luggage was still in Sydney. Luckily Qantas delivered it at 9.30am the following day.

The trip to Tokyo has been great with some really positive things happening here for cricket.

I was able to visit one of the amazing views in the world when I travelled out to Fuji for the national women's squad training on Sunday. I was treated with a clear early morning which is rare as usually this time of the year you can not even see Mt Fuji, but finally my luck turned and I was treated to an amazing sight.

After a couple of nights in a very traditional Japanese hotel in Fuji where I got to shower in an open area with naked Japanese men and sleep on the floor it is nice to be back to a western feel with a return to Tokyo.

Majority of the travel has been via the railways and I even managed to catch the train my self to the Japan Cricket Office, for anyone that has been to Tokyo they will appreciate no one speaks English and the signs are very hard to read unless you can read Japanese.

Daniel and I also got the chance to show cricket for the first time to some Baseball kids in Yaizu where two girls from Hobart are teaching English and keen to show cricket to these young boys. The boys had natural talent in batting and throwing, while we worked with their bowling as throwing was an issue.

Some pictures attached will show how great they looked in their very white baseball outfits.

Tomorrow is another airport visit when we fly off to Seoul, during this visit we will mainly run coach education courses. South Korea is an affiliate member country and have a very small cricket program, but in saying that they seem very motivated and positive about our visit.

Till next time, enjoy the pictures :-)

3 comments:

Andrew Burke said...

Great photos - and good copy. I'm jealous of you seeding Mt Fuji. I've only seen the postcards!

Andrew Burke said...

Whoops - 'seeing', not 'seeding'.

Meredith said...

No one told me you had a blog!

Excellent!

Now I wont have to wait for Miles to mention where you are this week :)

Love this post and Davis and Leia are going to go NUTS when they discover that they can read your blog. (Apparently Leia learnt to read overnight...no really...real words on her own!).