Monday, June 9, 2008

Beyond the Rope

Well I have finally got around to starting my blog to keep family and friends up to speed of where I'am and where I'm heading to next.

As most of you are aware I have taken on a role with the International Cricket Council, no way Im writing that every time so it is called the ICC from now on ok.

This has meant a dramatic change in my life and a move to another city in Melbourne, some 2000kms from my family in Perth. So far it has been fantastic, I have spent the last four days here getting used to my surroundings and of course some shopping as Melbourne is certainly a colder climate.

So a little more about my job, basically im resposnsible for the development of cricket in the East Asia Pacific region, this includes about ten member countries all vying for the ultimate and that is to play in the cricket world cup.

Majority of my work will be based at the Cricket Australia offices in Jolimont accross from the MCG, whilst I will travel about 5 months of the year throughout asia and beyond I still will be responsible for allot of admin and planning here in cold Melbourne.

Im certainly know author so please excuse my grammar and spelling, I can make one promise and that is to be as honest as can be about my expirences and my thoughts.

Please check back soon :-)

Important Dates Update -
June 2008
Port Moresby - PNG June 17th - 22nd

July 2008
Perth - July 4th - 6th

1 comment:

Andrew Burke said...

Well done, mate. Lots of pics coming up I hope >g< Dad